Double Sided and Graded Sharpening Stone - 2000/5000
Double grit Sharpening Stone - 2000/5000
Sharpening stones are commonly used to sharpen; Knifes, chisels, Axes
& Other Hand Tools in the kitchen, home, workshop, jobsite and the great
- Brand new and high quality
- The firm but porous structure of the stone continuously releases small particles during sharpening. When mixed with water, the particles, are responsible for sharpening.
- This is a 2000/5000 stone
Other Available grits: 240/400, 240/800, 300/600, 400/1000, 600/1500, 1000/3000, 1000/4000, 1000/6000, 3000/8000.
Caution: Please never soak finer grit stones (3000 grit and above). When preparing, simply wet the surface and it is ready for use. Failure to do so will result in the stone cracking or weakening.
Weight 365g (Varies with grit)
How to Use:
1. Choose appropriate grade of stone (See Stone Grits)
2. Do not soak in water finishing stones 3000 grit and above. Splash with water only. For grits less than 3000 then soak stone in water for 5 minutes
3. Choose sharpening angle (See Below)
4. Maintain the correct angle by using a jig (See our Shop) or by using the stacked coin method (See below).
5. Keep blade wet whilst sharpening at appropriate angle.
6. After use let the stone dry thoroughly. Returning a stone into its box while still wet or damp will result in mould and may cause damage.
In theory three stones are needed for sharpening:
- One to grind,
- One to sharpen and
- One to hone. (See also our honing accessories)